Friday, May 20, 2016

20 May 2016 - Early Bird Report after Niš


I just got back into my hotel room after the three hour drive back from Niš. Niš is the city of southern Serbia and the third-largest city in Serbia. It is the administrative center of the Nišava District.


It was an incredible day, but I will make the blog post sometime tomorrow. We basically had a wonderful 2.5 hour drive through beautiful Serbian countryside down to Niš, then picked up Igor’s friend Nikola, a seminary student at a Orthodox seminary. We then went and saw an old church that had been there during the Turkish invasion I think during World War I or before. Then we went up to an old church that they believe dates from the 12th century, with a Byzantine dome, that had a high view. We saw a mountain in the distance that according to Igor, over that mountain was Bulgaria. Then we went back down dropped off Nikola, and went to Lscaboitz to meet the Serbian Orthodox Priest and the Baptist priest. We got a tour of the two Orthodox churches.


One of the orthodox churches was a chimney church, which was built in disguise during the Ottoman Empire’s occupation as Christianity was underground, but the Turks never thought to look under the chimney. Then we saw their new church and then we went over to meet with the Baptist group, and have +Jerry preach and have fellowship. We then went out to dinner with the Orthodox priest, the Baptist priest and Igor and us, and we had the largest hamburgers I have ever seen. And they claimed they were small. I napped for about 1.5 hours on the way back to Belgrade. I will be headed off to bed soon, because tomorrow is the day I will be giving the talk about the manuscript evidence. Because of translation, I will cut short the presentation. It will be an epic day tomorrow and I love you guys! Hello to everyone! 😊

Over and out for the night!

The Posh Kandaroog

No comments:

Post a Comment