Thursday, March 27, 2014

The arrival saga

Arriving at Narita airport was a very interesting experience. I had inly seen pictures of mainland Japan/Narita airport. In person it was way prettier than the pictures showed. It was flatland, which consisted of green trees and a bunch of what looked like farmland and houses in the country. In a sense it reminded me of the scenery in and around Charlotte NC when I went there two years ago for the church convention.

I had also throughly researched the procedures of immigration and customs at Narita. It is fairly simple process. When you debark from your international flight, you walk down until you come to two signs, one says Domestic and Arrivals and the other International Flights

I took the left turn for Domestics and Arrivals until I got to the line for immigration/passport control, in which I had my picture taken and passport stamped, which I passed, then I collected my bag and went through customs and they asked me for the purpose of my trip and where I was going.

I then headed towards the Domestic Departures and checked my big bag in and then breezed back through security, which is more efficient by far than the TSA! I then explored a bit before headed to the gate where I then waited to board for the flight to Okinawa.

Arriving at Naha went fairly smoothly, except my luggage was among the last of the baggage to arrive on the baggage carousel. Then I was able to joyfully meet up with Kurt and Mary and then 40 minutes later I was at their house and soon was unpacked and ready to take a shower and get ready for bed...

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment