Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Trip!


My good friend Mrs. Kay Denton, known to all as Mrs. Kay, of York, UK, has a son Paul Langstaff. Paul has a family; his lovely wife Emma, well named son Jack and very smart daughter Eve who I met while visiting Mrs. Kay. They were very nice and we hit it off right away. Paul and his family immigrated to Perth, Australia a few years ago. This spring, they came to visit the States for a month. We met them in Las Vegas and they stayed with us about a week. When they left, they asked if I might come to visit them this summer vacation. I said, "Sure, that would be fun!" Well, it may be Winter here, but it is Summer there and I will be leaving for Perth this Friday night for a whole month Down Under. I am really looking forward to seeing the Langstaffs. I will miss riding, guitar, work and church. Fortunately, the Langstaffs are also Anglicans, so I will be able to go to church. Paul has a guitar, so I think he will let me play it a bit. All that is left to miss is riding and work. I can hack that! Plus, I will miss Mom and Dad, but at least I can iChat with them every day.

More on my preparations later.

Posh Kandaroog? Paul's step-sister Samantha was absolutely convinced that Skippy was not a Bush Kangaroo, but a Posh Kandaroog. Who am I to argue the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment