Sunday, April 5, 2015

5 April 2015 - Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday

The result of a wonderful nights sleep can do wonders as I found out the previous night. Now that I have my bag with all my supplies, I am really having a blast here in Oki. Today was a joyful day, even with the fact Kurt was leaving today. For one this is Easter, the Resurrection of Jesus and two I was spending it with one of my favorite families in the world, the Thomas Family!

We began the day with opening the Easter Baskets and drinking coffee. Once the whole family was awake, we moved to the patio to do the SonRise Easter Service. It was truly a wonderful time with a wonderful Christian family.



Then Kurt left the house and while it was sad to see him leave, at 12 we would be going over to a friends house for an Easter Brunch. In the mean time, Jaiden, Nyah and I took turns playing games on the Wii. Once Mary and Wayne got back, we had a little downtime, then we headed off to Easter brunch.

The Easter Brunch truly was a magnificent gathering with a bunch of lovely people, Kurt's co-workers and their wives. Not only was the company superb, the food was truly very wonderful! I loved the fruit plate with pistachio cool whip dip! That stuff was addicting! The chocolate cake and the strawberry cake was also superb as well!

It was a good time, I met some people I had not previously met before, heard some interesting stories and received some excellent diving tips from Shannon on fixing dive cramps. Also I got some good ideas on what to see and do around Okinawa that hopefully we will be trying in this coming week!

All in all, when we left, I truly felt like I had been at a gathering of a second family. As I relax here with Mary and the kids, I have come to think that this Easter was one of the best I have ever had. Though I miss my family and friends back home, I am really enjoying it here in Okinawa with all of the friends I now have here.

Have a Happy Easter

He is Risen!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment