Tuesday, April 7, 2015

7 April 2015 - Tee House

7 April 2015

Tuesday was a quiet affair for the most part. The morning started off like every other day has so far here on this beautiful island. I got up early and would grab a cup of coffee, Facetime with my Dad and sit outside and talk with Mary.

Then when the kids got up, I had Cheerios for breakfast and then we relaxed and played the Wii for a bit. Then around 1100 we headed off to have lunch with some friends of the Thomases at the Tee House on Kadena AB.

The drive as usual was through the village of Yomitan to Kadena then to the Air Base. It was as usual a very beautiful drive. I am always intrigued by the local shops, car dealers and other bits of the scenery as we drive, so I  never bored. Oh and don't forget the turtleback tombs for which Okinawa is famous!


The Tee House was a beautiful place to have lunch. It was a nice building with a slanted roof that overlooked the airfield. Which was really cool as I got to watch planes taxi, takeoff and land! What a blast that was! And the friends of Mary were really nice and kind and the conversation was lovely!


We then headed out to run an errand for Mary and then returned home and relaxed the rest of the day. We had Japanese spaghetti for dinner and meatballs which were delicious! All in all it was a really epic day!  

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment