Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bumped on the way to Paradise

Due to overbooking, I failed to get on United 164 at 0830 and the 1000 United 3 became a 1210 departure. So, I found myself anxiously awaiting my name as the boarding progressed for United 3. Just as I gave up hope, I heard "Final Call for Passenger Arnold." Several things registered in my mind, one was that I had never heard them calling out my name, having paid close attention to the gate announcements. Second, I heard my name being called and rejoiced, for I finally was going somewhere other than Los Angeles. So I grabbed my backpack with iPad, and carry on bag and strode quickly to the lady at the gate. "Arnold you say? You are Jackson? Alright, you will be in 14D." I smiled warmly and thanked her and boarded. The flight proceeded nicely, as I had a nice aisle seat close to the front lavs and door of the 757-300. I had a nice old couple next to me in the middle and window seats, who I later learned were Diane and Jerry. I did not talk with them much until an hour out from HNL, but we discussed our vacation plans and flying experiences. After landing at 1540 local time, and passing a couple of Hawaii F-22s in revetments and F-15s holding by the runway upon which we just landed, we made our way to the gate and deboarded afer exchanging well wishes with Diane and Jerry. After getting a hold of the local A&A (Arnold and Arnold) adjuster, Patrice, who Mom had arranged to pick me up and take me to the Ala Moana Hotel where I currently am writing this post. After a successful pick up, Patrice dropped me off at the Ala Moana, and will return in an hour or so, with her family so we can go out to dinner. Well, it has been a long day so I wish to tell you readers, Mahalo! Jack

2 comments:

  1. Jack you are so funny and such a good writer! I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this was a very engaging post! I was on the edge of my seat, even though I knew what happened!

    ReplyDelete