Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sumay Bay Bunkers, the River and More


This morning Kurt and his friend Joe went down to Gab Gab Beach, to go scuba diving and I went along to hang out on the beach. I also got to see some Japanese bunkers/pillboxes in Sumay Bay off Orote Point. I explored a little bit inside them and then walked along aside the beach. 

Then we went home and left to get a new bumper installed on Kurt/Kristyna's Jeep. While we were at the place, I saw two wild boars that they had captured recently.

Then we got to witness some actual cock fighting, though no cocks got hurt badly.




Then our young guide took us on a hike through the jungle to the river. While on the hike, we had an alba fruit which tastes like a strawberry and lemon combined.

Then we made it to the river, where there was an old Japanese machine gun outpost. And then Mitchell and I swam and had fun swimming in the river.

We then had a delicious lunch consisting off halibut, marlin, rice and steak, with the friendly locals. Then, we left and with Kristyna driving the Jeep, we are on the way home.

Jack
Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super day. Are you going to be able to get Scuba lessons there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all signed up! Have my first academic class on Monday!

    ReplyDelete