Saturday, July 7, 2012

Scuba Lessons!

From approx 0830-1530 today, with a lunch break, I did my first in water scuba lessons!

I did my confined water dive (which is where you learn to operate the scuba equip) at the Navy Hospital, and learned the basics of putting together the scuba equipment and swimming h it.

Then Mary and I got to dive off of the old Jap fuel replenishment pier at San Luis Beach to a depth of 45 feet. Once I adjusted to the water pressure, I had a ball! It was fun hanging down there, watching the schools of fish go by. It was like an underwater forest with the purest of blue color in the bottom! Then we surfaced and worked on removing our gear in water and after a ten minute swim and a float, we put the gear back on in water and practiced changing from regulator to snorkel as we swam in!

Tomorrow, we will do three more dives at the same place and I will get my scuba certification and have a boat dive on Tuesday!

Jack

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment