Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Spanish Steps, Spanish Fort and the Chamorro Village

Today, I awoke for my final full day in Guam with the quite lovely and wonderful Thomas family at 0600 as usual. 

This morning, I had the usual coffee on the porch with Kurt, Mary and Emme and we saw that it was calm enough to fly Kurt's R/C Corsair. So after we finished our coffee, we headed over to the Driving Range, where there was nobody out yet, and had plenty of room to fly the Corsair. The fight was a tremendous success, and Kurt even got to dogfight the local drongo birds with the Corsair, eventually scaring them off.
F-4U Corsair Radio Controlled Aircraft
 Then we came inside and made preparations for breakfast, which was a delicious meal of eggs and toast made by Mary. Then we decided that we would go hike down the steep Spanish Steps again, but before that, we would go shopping at the NEX for Bug Repellant, which unfortunately, the NEX did not have. So at 1215, we departed the house and left for Spanish Steps, seeing an old bunker and some Spanish fort ruins on the way.
View from the top of Spanish Steps
Spanish Steps Beach
Me, almost to the bottom of the steps!
Spanish Steps was the same as the last blog post, so I am going to skip ahead to the Chamorro Village, which was pretty interesting, with all of the locals cooking food and offering various items for sale. I even got my picture taken with a crab and a monitor lizard!
Not exactly relaxing with the lizard and crab!
Afterwards, we headed home and Kristyna and I drove Mitchell in the Jeep out to the beach and are relaxing at home.

Tomorrow, I am sad to say that I am departing Guam for San Diego, and will miss the Thomases and their friends dearly.

Jack

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment