Monday, January 4, 2010

Before The Wallabies, it was Jack and The Jackal


You know, it wasn't always this way, fame and fortune.  I can well remember before The Wallabies became famous.  The pair played the United Kingdom, mostly in the north around York.  They played under  a different nome de guerre, Jack and The Jackal.  The two played in various places, all small, all trendy.  We caught them at a quaint little place in Huttons Ambo!  A private party at the home of a wealthy, but demented, young couple.  Right then, we knew they (Jack and The Jackal) would be famous (not the young couple, they would end up institutionalized, no doubt).  Sadly, it appears Jack and The Jackal have abandoned their classic band name for a trendy Australian name; The Wallabies.  Who ever tied a Wallaby down Clyde? and there's his hide hanging on the wall, Paul.  Anyway, they are famous, gigs in Paris.  And me, I am still driving the Daihatsu Nursery Truck!

Rodentking OUT

1 comment:

  1. Jack, this made me laugh so hard!! I am glad that you are there safe and I look forward to following your international adventures. Hope

    ReplyDelete