Sunday, January 3, 2010

I made it!


The Virgin Blue flight was only 5 hours.  Peace of cake, as Moggy said.  We landed on Runway 21, winds 240° at 7 knots, 39°C, that is C as in Centigrade.  The thing to remember is 20-30 is good and 39 is not between 20 and 30.  It is outside the good range and inside the HOT range.  I figured it out and it is 102.2°F.  That is too hot, I will just go back to thinking it is outside the good range and inside the HOT range.  Feel better.

The landing time?  1340L

24 hours to the minute after I boarded Delta 17 at Terminal 5 in LAX, I stepped off Virgin Blue 557 in Perth.  24 hours and 16 time zones!  It is 8 hours from now, but yesterday, at home.  I have missed the second of January.  It is gone, forever gone!  On the other hand, I will get a time refund to use on the return trip.

The Langstaffs are here to meet me.  What a site for sore eyes!  Speaking of sore eyes, that is about the only part of me that is not sore.  I feel like weasel spit.  Not only am I perilously short of sleep, but I have a sore throat, a cough and the like!  I bet the Langstaffs are looking to see if I have a curly tail!  (Swine flu).

Anyway, nothing that 24 hours of continuous sleep won't put right.

Posh Kandaroog Out

No comments:

Post a Comment