Saturday, January 2, 2010

In Sydney at Virgin Blue


Well, I made it to Sydney in Eastern Australia, through customs and back through security (without the drama of LAX).  The hint to take a taxi between terminals was a great one.

The Delta flight was a long one, 14 hours and 20 minutes.  I sat with Patty and David (not the ones from the office!) a mom and son about my age who were very nice.  My seat mates were envious of my noise canceling headset.  It even worked on the screaming baby!  I got to talk to Peter a bit more.  Delta had great movies, so I really did not even need my iPod!  Dinner and breakfast, what more could you ask?

Here in Sydney, I got a chance to see two of Qantas' A380s.  Boy, are they huge!  Monsters.  But, after this flight, I was thinking Sonic Cruiser.

When I landed, I could not make an international call with my Rebelfone (piece of weasel spit that it is), so I called Paul.  Paul called Mom and Pop on iChat.  All is well.

Another hour and I'll be boarding for Perth!

Rodent Kandaroog Out

1 comment:

  1. Alright! Sounds like it was a smooth flight. I'm glad you had nice seatmates and were able to cancel the screaming baby. Calling Paul when you couldn't make the international call was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete