Saturday, April 6, 2013

My first full day on Guam


I got up yesterday at 0550 and after the daily morning coffee, went for a drive around the various military housing to find some yard sales. We did indeed find a few things, 8 Gillette Razors and 2 tires.

The big part of the drive was Kurt pointed out to me where we will be hiking this week. Namely the portion of Orote Point where the Japanese made their last stand and the mountain from where they rained bullets on the Agat Beach!

Then when we got back, I had a bran flake breakfast.  Before that we went out to fly Kurt's R/C Corsair. Which kept banking to the left and nose diving. Kurt is still not sure what the problem is.

Then Kristyna invited her friend Brianna over, who is a really lovely person! All of Kristyna's friends who I have met so far have been super nice!

Then Kristyna had the urge to put a puzzle together. So we drove together all three of us, in Kurt's jeep, Kristyna drove. Let it be known that she is a safe and wonderful driver!

We got there and the puzzle selection was poor to say the least. We made the fateful decision to purchase a 1000 piece puzzle and to make it worse, it was a landscape one!

So, we spent from 11:30-4:30 trying (being the operative word,) and failing to put the puzzle together. 

Then after a delicious dinner of tortilla soup, Kristyna left to go baby sitting and her friend Nigee went home.

So I hung out with Kurt and Mary and their friends from the base, some of whom I had met before. At 2115, Kurt called an end to the festivities and I hit the sack at 2130!

Jack
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment