Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday Adventures


The usual 0550 or so wake up with the morning coffee ritual was in order for this morning. The POD (Plan of the Day) was after the girls were dropped off for play rehersals, we would head to Dadi Beach, which for me meant a chance to snorkel and explore.

I pre-planned my sunscreen application so that I would not have to do it when we arrived to the beach at 0930!

Upon arrival, I donned my mask and snorkel and headed out! The sea grass was a bit intimidating, as it concealed whatever creatures lay within!

Fortunately, I was soon past the sea grass and headed towards the reef! My goal was to swim to the drop off and snorkel to see the variety of fish, including angelfish and others!

Once I arrived, I did indeed see the variety of fish that Mary told me would be out there! Then after five minutes of watching the sea life I headed back.

There was a Japanese defensive fortification nearby, that I swam to, to explore! When I got there, I imagined as I have at all the war sites, what it must have been like 70 years ago! The machine gun fire, the bullets, the blood and sweat! It makes me appreciate the sacrifices our men have made for our country! Let us never forget!

I found a piece of shrapnel in there and a rubber rectangular object! After I finished, we headed back to the car and went home!

Next, Kristyna took me and her friend Briana to the Pacific War Museum! Which was a rather impressive collection of war vehicles and guns from the War, many of the guns and artifacts had been found right here on Guam! Which made it even more real to me, the history that is!

After we finished, we dropped Briana at her house and went back and hung out, and Kurt put on Band of Brothers for me!  It is very good so far!

Then Mary and I went rent my Scuba Gear; tank, weights, fins, boots and BCD, only 30 dollars! The best 30 dollars I have ever spent!

Then we went home, and had a dinner of beef and cheese tacquitos and beans! Then I turned in at 0815 as I had an early morning dive at 0630 the next day!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment