Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Adventures

Sunday Adventures (or just relaxing and having a party!)

Well, today we were supposed to have hiked to the Asan Gun Emplacement, but due to getting home from the BBQ/Bible Study/Hockey Game at about 2145 last night, Kurt and Mary were pretty tired, taking a long nap.

Instead I spent the afternoon cleaning the house with the Thomases, getting ready for Ben ( who I dove with on Friday) and Mandy to come over and eat tacos with us!

I helped clear off the dinner table, swept the front porch and wipe the walls of marks that had been accumulated from kid usage.

When they arrived, I already knew Ben so the only one I hadnt met yet was Mandy. She like Ben was very nice and they brought a Chinese chicken salad which was very delicious to say the least. We had some excellent dinner conversation! The Thomases sure do have some excellent friends!

I was sad to see them leave, but then we had dark chocolate pudding with chocolate chips for dessert! I was sad as I began packing up for the long trip home, as through the week and half stay, I had come to see the Thomases as an extended family!

As I type this, I am in my seat, 20E crushing at 35k feet, somewhere over the Pacific. As I reflect back upon this trip, I reflect upon the visual that connects what I saw, with the pictures and the history of the Battles of Guam, I have a greater appreciation of the Hell that the Marines went through in the Pacific.

I would like to once again thank the Thomas family, who were my most excellent hosts, who opened their home to me, and were excellent guides during my stay. Also I would like to thank United Airlines for making this possible.

This is Jack, signing off.

Until next year!!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment